Pages

Saturday 8 March 2014

New Socks !!!

Hey guys,
Bonjour tous, 

After a MARATHON of grading, I - AM- DONE !!!  Donesky !  Yay !  Wow, that was a rough one !  Mental note for next year: "Don't give such LONG projects"...  (yeah, right... I just don't learn...)
J'ai fini mon MARATHON de correction - J'ai fini-, f-i-fi-n-i-ni !  Wow, c'en était toute un !  Note personnelle pour l'année prochaine:  "Ne pas donner de si longs projets"...  (mais c'est plus fort que moi, je n'apprends pas...)

Oh well, thought I'd reward myself with a nice cozy pair of polar fleece socks from that pattern I bought at Jo-Ann's.
Alors j'ai pensé que je méritais une belle paire de chaussettes de polar confortables, avec ce patron que j'ai acheté chez Jo-Ann's.

So I got this embroidered polar fleece shirt with that intent on turning it into a comfy pair of socks.  I liked the embroidery and thought it would help me to differentiate between left and right socks...
J'avais acheté ce chandail de polar brodé avec l'intention de le transformer en chaussettes de polar.  J'aimais bien la broderie et je croyais que ça m'aiderait à différencier mes chaussettes droite et gauche...



So I busted out my pattern and got cutting.  These are the pieces I ended up with: 2 embroidered tops, 2 bottoms, 2 heels.
J'ai donc sorti mon patron et j'ai coupé mes morceaux.  Voici les morceaux que j'ai obtenus: 2 hauts brodés, 2 semelles et 2 talons.


And I decided to make some cuffs to help the socks stay put.
J'ai aussi décidé de faire des manchons pour aider les chaussettes à tenir.


I ended up cutting the polar from the cuff and just keeping the ribbing.
J'ai fini par couper le morceau de polar du haut et seulement garder le côtelé.

And here they are - a mere 15 minutes later, if even...
Et les voici, quelques 15 minutes plus tard...





I LOVE them !  And I can tell them apart.  Oh yeah, I also curved them a bit for comfort and difference.  And they stay up !  These are the most comfortable socks that I have made yet ! Many more socks in my near future.
Je les ADORE !  Et je peux les différencier !  Oh oui, je les ai aussi courbées pour augmenter le confort et la différence.  Et elles tiennent !  Ce sont les chaussettes les plus confortables que j'aie faites jusqu'à date ! Il y a beaucoup d'autres chaussettes dans un avenir rapproché.

And in other news, I decided to participate in the School's Fashion Show.  This year, it's all about retro for me: 50's and 60's, all upcycling of course :)
Autre nouvelle: J'ai décidé de participer une fois de plus au défilé de mode de l'école. Cette année, je fais du rétro: années 50 et 60, toute du valoricylage évidemment.

Stay tuned for more on that topic.
Restez branchés pour plus de détails.

UPDATE:  Here is the pattern I used for the socks:  The Green Pepper F890, pocket No. 26.



Peace

Claudia


9 comments:

  1. Wouh !!! génial !! tu peux me donner les référence pour le patron ?! Merci.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Liochka,

      Le patron est de la compagnie The Green Pepper (comme j'ai dit, je l'ai acheté chez JoAnn's aux USA).. C'est le numéro F890, pocket No. 26, Polar socks. Eugene Oregon, 97404 (541) 689-3292. Bonne chance !

      Delete
  2. Perfect with the embroidery across the top of the socks! A great refashion, Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Featured today, Claudia... http://www.threadingmyway.com/2014/03/threading-your-way-features_16.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you Pam ! You spoil me !!!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the features at Threading My Way. Oh, my! I love these socks!! 'Gotta try making some! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marci. Hope you can get the pattern. It is from 2009. They are really fast to make too ! Good luck and thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  4. I've had this pattern forever and I'm wearing a pair now as I write this! Don't tell anyone, but I even wear these with shoes! They are so comfortable and amazingly warm! Now I have a new way to try them! Thanks, Claudia! (PS My Joann's still carries this pattern.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, I couldn't believe how comfy they are ! And I also wear them with shoes. When I last went to Value Village, I bought a TON of polar fleece tops to make them in rainbow colors ! And they are so fast to make too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting !

      Delete