Pages

Saturday 13 August 2016

Refashion Runway Sewalong Week 2 : Metallic !

Hey good people !
Bonjour le monde !

Second post in a day !  Told you it would be the sewalong.
C'est mon deuxième article en une journée !  Je vous avais dit que je ferais le Concours.

When I heard that the topic was metallic, I was a bit puzzled.  I was not sure about what to do.  But then I found a really metallic sequined shirt and all sorts of ideas came alive in my head.  As I am working on my Metamorphosis production, I had to take a bit of a break to make this little number.
Lorsque j'ai su que le sujet était métallique, j'était une peu perplexe.  Je n'étais pas certaine de ce que j'allais faire.  Mais j'ai trouvé un haut à paillettes très métallique et j'ai eu toutes sortes d'idées dans la tête.  Comme je suis en train de préparer ma collection pour Metamorphosis, j'ai du prendre une pause pour faire ce petit  bijou.

If you have been following me, you know I am a sucker for 60's fashion.  I really think I was born in the wrong decade !!!  Anyways, when I saw the shirts, I immediately thought of this cute little dress.  I also adore geometric patterns.
Si vous me suivez depuis longtemps, vous savez que j'adore la mode des années 60.  Je crois vraiment que je suis née à la mauvaise décennie !!!  Alors lorsque j'ai vu ce haut à paillettes, j'ai tout de suite pensé à cette jolie robe.  J'adore les motifs géométriques.



So when someone gave me a large size black dress, I was set.  I started to cut strips out of the metallic sequins of the shirt.  I used Wonder tape to hem the sequined fabric so it would stay on the dress while I was sewing them to the dress.
Alors lorsque quelqu'un m'a donné une grande robe noire, j'étais prête.  J'ai commencé à couper des bandes de paillettes.  j'ai utilisé du Wonder tape pour faire le bord des bandes et pour les faire tenir sur la robe afin de les coudre.

Here are the original pieces:
Voici avec quoi j'ai commencé:

Large size sequined shirt (stretch)
Grand haut à paillettes (extensible)

XXL size black dress in gabardine
Robe de gabardine noire, taille XXL
Wonder tape and strips of sequins
Wonder tape et bandes de paillettes
So I had to work quite a lot to transform a dowdy grandmother dress into a sexy, cute, mod 60's little black dress with a metallic twist.  I also wanted to go all out 60's so, since I have long hair, I could not pull off a short bob but I definitely like this hairdo.
J'ai du travailler très fort pour transformer une robe de grand-mère en une jolie robe, sexy et de style mod des années 60, avec un petit côté métallique.  Je voulais aussi avoir la totale des années 60 alors, comme j'ai des cheveux longs, je ne pouvais pas avoir une coupe au carré courte, le style classique des années 60.  Mais j'ai trouvé quelque chose de pas mal joli.

So, tadaaaa !
Alors tadaaaa !

I even wore my favorite Mary jane shoes for the occasion.
J'ai même mis mes chaussures Mary Jane préférées pour l'occasion.




Not too shabby for an older chick right ?  I am REALLY proud of this dress.  It will be my NYE dress!  That's it, no shopping necessary for the holidays this year !!!
Pas trop mal  pour une poule mature, n'est-ce pas ?  Je suis VRAIMENT fière de cette robe.  Ça sera ma robe du Nouvel An !  Ça y est, je n'ai pas besoin de magasiner cette année pour les vacances de Noël !!!

So what do you guys  think ?
Alors qu'en pensez-vous ?



My next post should be a sneak peak at my Metamorphosis collection...
Mon prochain article devrait être un avant-goût de ma collection pour Metamorphosis.

Peace !

Claudia

8 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself on this one. I thought that last week's dress was the best ever, but now I'm even more amazed...and...it looks fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Thank you so much ! There is nothing like a challenge to make you think outside the box ! Thanks for commenting. Come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that is a beautiful and classy refashion. You are looking very trendy in it. i loved those metallic accents in geometrical pattern. You can wear it with tights or jeans too, if need be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Sana. I think you are right about wearing it with jeans. I might try it ! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. what a great idea. enough bling to be interesting but not overwhealming. i've just discovered your blog throught the refashion co-op and I'm looking through older posts. you've given me some inspitation to be a bit braver with my refashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Gail ! It is always fun to meet new readers and I love to inspire people !!! Refashioning for me was a slow process, starting with copying others until I was bold enough to create my own patterns. Hope you stop by again and don't hesitate to comment. Have a nice day ! Claudia

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! What a creative way to use two frumpy pieces to make something 'va va voom!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy ! I really like to get my va-va-voom side out once in a while ! Thanks for commenting. Stop by again :)

      Delete