Pages

Saturday 10 September 2016

New Pattern Testing

Hello there !
Bonjour vous !

I am in the midst of sewing my collection for the Fashion show and I figured that I need a more Fall garment.  So I have been toying with fabric.  I like boho style and flowy, colourful fabrics.  I had a few remnants from making this piece:
Je suis en pleine confection de ma collection pour le défilé de mode et je me suis dit que j'aurais besoin d'un modèle plus automnal.  Alors je joue avec mon tissu.  J'aime le style bohémien avec des couleurs vives et une belle fluidité.  J'avais des restes de tissus à cause de la fabrication de cette blouse:




So I started playing around with different fabrics, not necessarily matching, just like I like it !
J'ai donc commencé à jouer avec mes tissus, qui n'allaient pas nécessairement ensemble, exactement comme j'aime !

Here are the original garments, except the asian black and red dress:
Voici les vêtements de départ, sauf la robe asiatique noire et rouge:


3 skirts but not the dress
3 jupes mais pas la robe

one very sheer blouse
une blouse très transparente
I wanted a colourful, slightly asymmetrical, boho style flowy top.
Je voulais une blouse colorée, un peu asymétrique, de style bohémien et fluide.

Here it is:
La voici:


It is actually a bit larger than it should be.  It is a test after all !
Elle est en fait un peu plus grande qu'elle ne devrait.  C'est un test après tout !


You think I achieved what I set out to do ?
Vous pensez que j'ai réussi ce que je voulais faire ?

I quite like it !  I am beginning to like sewing this crazy fabric.  I also like the sleeves.  Perfect for Fall!  Maybe I could make it a tad longer...  We'll see.  At least, the remnants created by this pattern are more even than my other pattern.
J'aime beaucoup !  Je commence à aimer coudre ce tissu de fou.  J'aime aussi les manches.  Parfaites pour l'automne !  Peut-être que je pourrais la faire un peu plus longue...  On verra.  Au moins, les restes de tissus produits par ce modèle sont un peu plus réguliers que pour mon autre patron.

OK, back to the ironing board !
Alors je retourne à ma planche à repasser !

Peace !

Claudia


2 comments:

  1. I really like your fabric-mixing on this shirt. The sleeves look great with the bodice fabric, and the other prints tie in very well with the top. I especially like the shape and length of the sleeves; they are in great proportion with the length of the blouse. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Queen. I love mixing fabrics in weird or unusual ways. I have since taken it in a bit and it fits even better. Still debating if I am bringing it to market or not... Thanks for commenting !

    ReplyDelete